Monday, April 6, 2009

Terrance Odean

Terrance Odean had done a phenomenal amount of work in the field of behavioural finance, and apparently Daniel Kahneman, the man who won a Nobel for his work on the subject believes he will be a future winner of that prize.

I read and watched his talk on various studies on various investment foibles which was both entertaining and interesting.

A number of his papers can be found here.

I couldn't find any books that he had written, but he is quoted in a number, which I guess suggests he spends more time on his research papers.

Anyway, it was a pleasant change to listen to an academic who is an entertaining speaker.

1 comment:

  1. I'm fimilar with the work Kahneman and Tversky have done, brilliant however there is still more which can be built on that. I have come across Odean studies in reflection on prospect theory. These men and others have picked up on a sector which has often been overlooked but is very important when we look upon performance and the reasons there of. I am going to look about for Odean's video would be keen to hear what he has to share.

    ReplyDelete